Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Little Zoё is Brave, picture of her when we got home


Last Thursday was the 11th of September which marks the two month mark for Zoё. This means she is getting bigger, stronger, and smarter. It also means that she is mature enough to receive 3 important shots. This morning Tyler and I took our little one to get her first set of immunizations. She had no idea what was coming. It seemed like eternity in the waiting room well that's because it was literally. Welcome to socialize health medicine. Well never do that again. Finally we went to the back room, I have to say that our little Zoё is so brave. She cried after each shot but it only lasted a second and then she calmed down and was happy again until the next shot. At one point during the in between she stared at the nurse with this serious look as though she was saying "why are you doing this to me" It was so adorable. After that last shot I swooped her into my arms held her tight while Tyler and I sang her favorite song. She calmed down quickly for the third time and then fell asleep in my arms. She was so good, I cant believe it. I thought she would be crying for a lot longer. I learned today that my daughter has a mellow personality when it comes to pain. As a treat for her being so brave we let her sleep, eat,and read her Dr Seuss books I guess that's nothing special from her daily activity, but until she has teeth I think it will due.

2 comments:

courtney said...

out of mere curiosity: just how often are you guys singing in public these days?

Anonymous said...

In the pic she doesn't look too happy. But those shots don't make them thrilled. My sisters always have a hard time with that part, but it's all needed. Congrats on another marker

~ Bri