Today was Tyler's first day of school. His bag was packed, lunch made and his bike ready to go. He is so excited to be at Cal Poly. He has waited all summer to begin and only study his field of interests. Cal Poly is gaining an excellent student and Tyler is gaining a great education. Cal Poly's Architect, urban development, and environmental science programs are top of the nation, so I say again Tyler is receiving a wonderful education from Cal Poly. We plan on being here at least 2 years for his under graduate program and another year in a half for the environmental science masters program. I cant wait to find out how his day went today. Not only is he excited to be going to school full time, but he is excited to be riding his bike and the metro. If you know Tyler he is all about efficiency in travel. I guess he should be as this is part of what he will be studying at Cal Poly. I think he will make an excellent urban developer/architect.
Another thing I have to say is how impressed I am with Tyler. We felt very strongly that we needed to start a family. Since then he has never regretted, looked back, worried, stressed. You all know how hard it can be with starting out as a young family going through college living in California. His faith has never wavered, his eye has always been on the goal of getting an education, and last but not least he has always kept perspective when things were tough. All of our NEEDS have been met. The Lord provides what we need not what we want but definitely what we need. It definitely has required sacrifice on our part, but it has been well worth it. I can guarantee that when ever the Lord commands, he follows up with help and blessings. We have a beautiful daughter and a growing marriage. I really couldn't ask for more.
3 comments:
listen leah, i know you like to look on the bright side of things and that's an admirable quality, but there's no denying the look of stress i've seen many times on tyler's face. that's why it's so much sweeter that he's doing all this--because it's been truly hard. i'm so proud of you, tyler. work hard! i'm super excited to hear about your classes!
That is awesome that he is starting at Cal Poly! Phil just started there as well, but had to work the first day of school. I can't wait to tell Phil to look out for Tyler on campus, that would be cool if they could cross paths.
Post a Comment