One night we got a call at 9:30 from our friend Grant wondering if he could come over to drop something off. What Grant was dropping off at our house was two plates full of Nanaimo Bars. Why this is news to blog about? Let me explain, Tyler served his mission for his church in Calgary Canada. While serving there for two years he came to love this particular dessert that the people of Canada made for him and his companions. It became a Canadian delicasy to him especially coming back home to America where he recieved no Nanaimo bars. There had always been this missing void in his life untill the night of June 8th when Grant came to deliver on behalf of his Canadian wife Angie these beautiful, yummy desserts. Tyler was completely elated and in his excitment said this "Angie is a miracle woman" Thanks Angie for making my husband so happy right before finals, it's what he needed to pass his tests. A big thanks to Angie for helping him graduate Citris College. I am sorry to say that you have started something, something called tradition. He will now want these treats before every final. I would be glad to make it from him but he said that I dont have the "It factor", which is being a born and raised Canadian. You may have gotten yourself a permenant calling. Again thanks for the fun surprise.
1 comment:
Okay, so I had to go in and find the recipe for Nanaimo Bars. I love the internet!!! I'm thinking next time there is a Sunday gathering of the Cindy Swenson family...Nanaimo Bars will be the desert. Thanks for blogging, Tyler and Leah...I love keeping up with your lives. So excited for baby news.
Post a Comment